The Work with System Activity (WRKSYSACT) command is
a great thing to have. You see at a glance what jobs
are hogging your system. And it's often preferable to
WRKACTJOB as it also shows tasks and has the auto-refresh
option*. Trouble is it only comes with Performance Tools
which can cost between $730 and $17520**. Not cheap
if you only want this command.
That's why this tool was written, it's called 'Work
with System Activity II' or WRKSYSAC2 for short. Basically
it does the same job as WRKSYSACT, showing all the active
jobs / tasks and sorted by reverse CPU%. Has manual
and automatic refresh.
It has benefits over the standard
- Has both F5=Refresh and F10=Restart - like WRKACTJOB,
so as to get a better average.
- Can be run simultaneously from multiple sessions
(WRKSYSACT can be used on one only).
- Shows more useful job info, like Type, Status, Function
and Total CPU time.
- Allows jobs to be Held, Ended and Changed.
- Allows jobs/tasks to be filtered based on name,
user and CPU percentages.
- Output can be sent to display, printer or database
- Doesn't require performance tools
a free trial version.
Shareware price #:
This software is provided as shareware. The display
features are fully functional. It is supplied on the
condition that if it were to be used on an ongoing basis
or for a commercial purpose, that it be purchased in
accordance with the prices, terms and payment methods
set out in the accompanying documentation.
* Later releases of WRKACTJOB have auto-refresh,
but do not re-start statistics.
** IBM price for product code 5xx-PT1, base + manager
features. Pricing is processor based from P05 to P50
# Prices are subject to change without notice unless
previously agreed to.