Current version installed on 4-May-06
CISC release is still at Version 3.2.0
Version 4.1.0 (current version) contains
the following changes:
- Handle changes in V5R4 of OS/400.
- Fixed a problem with retrieving the current program of job
which was ending.
- Fixed various display errors.
- Improved error diagnostics collector.
Version 4.0.0 - RV400 - contains
the following changes:
- Remote commands and QTEMP/LDA access:
- Allow Remote Commands to run on other jobs. A command may be entered on a
command-line window and will execute on another job. This will allow the changing of
library lists and execution of applications for users who don't have the option available
on their menu. This will work on batch jobs as well as interactive.
- Allow access to the QTEMP and LDA of other jobs. This will allow you to look at
and change objects in another job's QTEMP library, and see/change its LDA. This may
be more useful than Remote Commands because the output can be sent to your screen rather
than needing to use printer and output files.
- 'PDM-style' job listing selection:
- Jobs of all types and states may now be listed on the selection screen. A new 'Job
Filters' screen enables jobs to be selected based on partial job and user names, job
number ranges and user text. This allows jobs to be easily found using criteria that
is not available in OS/400. E.g. *ABC* would select jobs ABCD and XABC.
- New fields added to the list display: Job function, Group profile and User text.
Press F11 to see them all. All these fields may be sorted on.
- Job options like J2=Change, J6=Release (corresponding to WRKACTJOB, WRKSBMJOB) can be
entered against jobs. Also job options from the WRKJOB sub menu may be used: e.g.
W14=Open files, W4=Spool files.
- An F13=Repeat option will repeat a selection to the end of list, like PDM does.
This will allow you to quickly take the same action against a set of jobs.
- Access may now be controlled by all sorts of combinations of User profile, Group
Profile, Device and Program. A list of security detail records allows you to set
rules and exceptions to rules. This means you will be able to specify that a certain
user of this product will only be able to access a specified list of (end) users, and in
what modes they can be accessed.
- Option to limit access based on file authority. This option will check that you
are authorised to the open files held by a job before granting access. E.g. to look
at a job in View mode, you must have read rights to all the open files of that job.
But to access a job in Change mode, you will also need update rights to all the files open
for output. This allows you to take advantage of existing security setups.
- Journaling - the option to have journal records written when View, Change or Remote
Command modes are used. This will record all the actions made: who looked at what
job and what screens they changed.
- Option to ask permission from the target user. A pop-up confirmation window will
appear asking permission to View and/or Change their job. Their will be time-out
values to cater for unattended devices.
- A new command to edit authorities: RVEDTSEC (Edit Security Options). Previously
you would have to DFU the RVSEC file.
- Auto refresh for View mode. This will automatically refresh the copy of the remote
screen at intervals that you specify. The interval can be from 1 to 99 seconds.
- New menu via F2 will allow entry of F1, Sys-Req and Attention keys while looking at the
screen. I.e. if you press F2 while in Change mode, a pop-up menu will appear
allowing you to select the following function keys which can not easily be selected: F1;
F2; Sys-Req; Attention.
- All literal (text) strings are now soft-coded in the message file. This may be
useful for language translation.
- Fixed problems with the display of radio buttons and pull-down subfile menus.
Version 3.3.0 contains
the following changes:
- Sometimes input fields would be disabled on the
- When sending direct function keys the cursor position
was set to match the default position for the remote
- When there is an error locking message on the remote
screen, the screen will be cleared before copying
it. This was a problem with Client Access but
not other emulators.
- Skip certain 5250 instructions that would cause
the product to crash.
- Fix calculation of Last Time Changed
and make sure it doesnt change when using View
- Sometimes held jobs were not identified as such.
- Handle situation which caused Remote-View
not compatible with current operating system
message being displayed.
- Check for deleted devices. A disconnected
job can have its device description deleted.
- Ensure objects can be properly restored on v5r2.
Version 3.2.1 contains the following
- Bug fixes for v5r1 of OS/400: sometimes you would
get a 'Pointer not set for location referenced' error.
Version 3.2.0 contains the following
- Allow DBCS screens to be displayed.
- Handle remote jobs that have attributes of BRKMSG(*NOTIFY
- Handle screens that use Data Queues on the display
- Handle 'overprinting' on screens, i.e. overlapping
- Handle problems with STRQSH
- Test for and reject various invalid characters in
the 5250 data stream.
Version 3.1.4 contains the following
- Prevented duplicate device entries appearing on
- Better checking for jobs in Held status.
- Fixed bug which prevented the selection of *ALL
Version 3.1.0 contains the following
- Enabled Change mode to work on difficult screens
like S36 environment and Program Messages screen.
- Improvements to View mode: new copy method
improved its reliability.
- Subfile details automatically updated when exiting
Version 3.0.0 contains the following
- Allowed operator to remotely control the screens
of other users.
- Many other overall improvements, including a F16=Resort
function for the job information.
Version 2.3.0 contains the following
- Allowed access to sessions via generic user and
device or all devices.
- Put in security functions which restrict access
based on the remote user, device, or program in the
Version 2.2.1 contains the following
- Removed the RMTVIEW message that sometimes appeared
on the remote message queue.
Version 2.2.0 contains the following
- Enabled programs to work on levels 40 and 50 security.
This was a problem for some RISC sites.
Version 2.1.1 contains the following
- Fixed a bug which sometimes prevents displaying
of a screen when a user has only signed on to one
Version 2.1.0 contains the following
improvements over version 2.0.0
- When a user has multiple sessions, the display program's
name and library is given beside the job name
- F12 is allowed from the main display to return to
a list of device names
- Improved screen copying methods to make it work
under difficult situations
- Improved error checking and notification