AS/SET Quickie Print is designed to make a programmer's
task easier by returning fast and useful information
from sections of AS/SET ADK programs in a format more
readable and/or unavailable in what the 'standard print
function' of AS/SET provides.
- Makes the print-out smaller and more understandable
by optionally excluding 'deleted' (commented-out)
code lines - but leaves the legitimate comments in.
- Makes the Report-section layouts easy to read by
combining the layouts with the field widths, 'numbers'
and descriptions (the standard print is difficult
to follow because it splits field number and field
width information to separate reports).
- Do you have programs lost amongst several application
sets? The multi-set program selection feature will
find them for you - Free feature!
- It runs much faster than standard indented print,
and can display direct to screen.
- Improved indent marking - fixes
limitations in the standard print, e.g. with GETBLK.
- Select code lines by date changed - good
as a change control review. Code lines can
either be filtered exclusively by date, or 'marked'
for easy scanning.
- Select specific screens and subroutines - limits
the print to the parts you want.
- Shows file and data-model on result field - the
standard print won't do this; helps avoid confusion.
- Subroutine call summary shows calls to other routines
and programs - helps summarize
the program structure.
- Subroutine called-from summary shows where routines
are referenced - good as a subroutine
- Shows Screen layouts with fields, field groups and
- Shows Narrative, Parameters and Data Structures.
- Field list shows Data Structure sub-field references
- see when a field is part of
a data structure.
- Current program, screen, subroutine and report printed
atop each page - so you can
see where you are (the standard print won't show this).
- Full help text on the all 30 prompt fields of the
main command PRTASPGM (Print AS/SET Program).
a free trial version.